A cookie is a file that your browser stores on your computer when you visit certain websites. Among others, cookies allow a website to store and recovery information about navigation habits of a user or computer and, depending on their content and the way the computer is utilized, they can be used to identify the user.
Cookies used on websites are the following:
- Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from any equipment or domain managed by 2Mares Demil, S.L. from which the service requested by the user is offered.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from any equipment or domain not managed by the editor, but by any other party that processes data obtained through cookies.
- Session cookies: Those are a type of cookies designed to gather and store data when the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store data that is only needed to provide the service requested by the user on one occasion.
- Persistent cookies: A type of cookies in which the data remains stored in the computer and which can be accessed and processed by the cookie owner during a definite period that can range from minutes to years.
- Technical cookies: They are those that allow the user to browse through a webpage, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist within such as, for example, controlling data traffic and communication, identifying the session, accessing areas with restricted access, remembering the items included in an order, carrying on the purchase process for an order, completing an event registration or participation form, using safety elements while browsing, storing content to play videos or sounds or sharing content on social network.
- Personalization cookies: Those that allow the user to access the service with some general predefined characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as language, browser used to access the service, regional settings from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: They are those that allow user behavior monitoring and analysis of the websites that they are linked to. The information gathered through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity on websites, applications or platforms and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of aforementioned websites, applications and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of usage from users to the service.
- Advertising cookies: This sort of cookies allows the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible based on criteria such as edited content or how frequently advertisements are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These cookies allow the advertising space that the publisher has included on the website, application or platform used to provide the service to be used as efficiently as possible. They store information about user behavior collected by constantly monitoring their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed to display advertising accordingly.
- Google Chrome _ https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox _ https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer _ http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Safari _ https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
- Safari for IOS (iPhone and iPad)_ https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Chrome for Android_ https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/114662?hl=eN&rd=1
In any case, the user may refuse to accept cookies, even in those cases where as result of that refusal, the functionality of the website become limited or not possible.